How To Use The Alpine Alarm
Range? App 50ft. Battery fade, other cars, buildings, walls etc affect range.
1. Locking. Push the large button. This locks all the doors and will set the alarm (if equipped and in setable mode).
2. Unlocking. Push the small button once to unlock the driver’s door and disarm alarm, if set. Push the small button a second time to unlock all the doors.
3. Honking horn?
On 1999-2002 models the horn honks once for lock and twice for unlock, 3 times if a door is not closed. This audible honk feature is optional. To turn it off or to turn it on unlock all the doors and hold *both* buttons down until the horn honks once. The horn will always honk 3 times if a door is not fully closed when you lock it.
This was changed in 2003, models to a ‘chirp’. There is no longer an audible honk feature. If a door is ajar the system will chirp 5x and the lights flash.
4. Alarm. (optional)
System chirps when locked with the remote if you have an alarm, and no you can’t turn the chirp off.
5. Valet mode or alarm off: alarm light (red dot center dashboard display) rapidly flashing 3 times means the alarm is in “Valet” mode and is not setable. The light will stop flashing when you start the car.
To set valet mode or just to disable the security alarm system: 1. unlock all doors 2. physically open the driver’s door 3. hold the UNLOCK button on remote for 2+ seconds or so. The red ‘security’ light will then flash 2 times a second until the car is turned on.
6. Arming the alarm: to make an alarm in valet model arm-able, unlock all the doors and hold the small button down on the remote until the light stops flashing. Now when you lock the doors the alarm will be set and the light will flash on and off, on and off.
7. Alarm goes off?
Push the small button on the remote
OVERRIDING the alarm when you don’t have a Remote to disable it.
If you don’t have the remote put the key in the ignition and turn it on and off three times and the car will start on the 4th time
8. Program remotes: works on Alpine system.
Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time.
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the ‘on’ position so the dashboard lights up.
When the horn honks, open and close the driver’s door, press any remote button and that’s it.
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver’s door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That’s it.
When you’re done, remove the key and the horn should honk 3 times. You’re all set.
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again.
more detailed instructions
If your car is equipped with security system disarm it (with another remote if you have one or by turning the key ON LOCK 3 times in 5 seconds).
Take the key out of ignition (the key has to be taken out).
The next steps have to completed in 45 seconds.
Open and close driver door (the door open light has to come on/off on the cluster).
Put the key into ignition.
Turn the key ON LOCK 10 times in 15 seconds, leaving the key in LOCK position (do not take the key out).
Horn will sound once to indicate you are in remote programing mode (if the horn does not sound start over).
Open and close the driver door (this has to be done within 45 seconds of step 4).
Press and release any button on the remote.
Horn will sound 2 times to indicate that the remote has been programed.
If you have more remotes, repeat steps 8 to 10 (up to 4 remotes could be programed).
Remove the key from ignition.
Horn will sound 3 times to indicate the completion of the procedure.